Sourcing Engineer- CNC
We are working on making manufacturing simple and accessible for everyone and we are looking for passionate engineers to join us in building a strong supply network.
- Understanding and implementation of the supply chain strategy
- Proactively sync with the HOD and the sourcing team on critical matters pertaining toongoing projects, and to future projects.
- Provide inputs on team requirements to the HOD
- Ensuring strong communication between teams to facilitate efficient exchange ofinformation and to implement change and improvements
- Work alongside our Sales team to review and align on deliverables of projectopportunities, from RFQ to PO generation
- Managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers at an operational/projectlevel
- Selection of the suppliers for the projects, finalize the order to the supplier, and projectonboarding
- Calculate part prices and tooling costs, both in new projects and as a support torunning projects. You will perform should-cost analysis & cost breakdowns of new andexisting projects based on drawings or physical parts
- Responsible for making SOPs, monthly & yearly MIS, contract, compliance & riskmanagement (Comply with laws, regulations, and ISO requirements), and tracking ofsupplier performance
- Track and maintain control mechanism for each project
- Update and maintain internal costing system
- Update and maintain external quotation system
- Capability Building – Learning manufacturing process through training, on the job andKT’s
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Mechanical/Production/Plastics/Automotive/Aerospace Engineering
- 3-5 years of industry experience in CNC Turning, Sheet Metal, Stamping & Tubularcomponents purchase are given preference.
- Experience in managing projects, working with multiple suppliers to ensure quality andtimely delivery.
- Expertise in price and terms negotiations with all the vendors.
Knowledge and skills:
- Specialist Knowledge: CNC Turning, VMC, Lathe, Wire Cutting, Spark EDM, ToolManufacturing and Machining, Gear Hobbing and spline cutting, Micro machining, jigsand Fixtures, Post processing (Powder coating, Anodising, Hardening, Media blasting,etc)
- Knowledge in other fields such as Iron casting, Forging and welding etc. are consideredas a merit.
- Technical knowledge of engineering design, experience with CAD software (AutoCADand Solidworks)
- Experience in Cost Engineering along with Product development experience isconsidered as a merit.
- Knowledge of Problem-solving framework/Lean methodologies.