Job Description – Quality Engineer
- Improve Karkhana.io’s quality management system and build robust processes for the management of suppliers.
- Benchmark best practices and leverage lessons learned in multiple projects.
- Design reporting standards for quality metrics and service level requirements.
- Ensure regular inspection of all the orders as per the schedule provided to the customers.
- Support on-boarding of new suppliers; ensure that prospective suppliers are effectively assessed for their ability to deliver quality parts, on time as per customers need.
- Establish quality processes at existing suppliers to meet customer-specific
- Participate in internal and External quality reviews and audits. Perform quality
- Develop quality improvement model and supplier scorecards.
- Non-conformance resolution with suppliers; coach suppliers for root cause analysis, and the execution of robust corrective and preventive actions.
- Handle third party inspection and monitor their activities.
- Knowledge management, documentation of case studies, data management, reporting & analysis.
- Manage vendor audits, and do timely visits (approx. 60% travel per month) to supplier facilities across India
- High accountability and visibility.
- The growth phase of the organization and an opportunity to set up world-class
- Developing a deep understanding of manufacturing processes and adopting new ways to solve operational challenges.
- Dealing with uncertainty in a fast-paced target focused environment.
- Working with people across diverse teams – from clients to manufacturing partners.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Production/Plastics/Automotive/Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience in CNC Machining/Sheet Metal, Stamping & Tubular/Plastics (Injection Molding, Thermoforming, Rapid Prototyping) or related
- Experience and knowledge of all the quality management systems, compliance requirements (testing, certification, and inspection) and conformity assessments.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools Technical knowledge of engineering design, experience with CAD software (Solidworks, AutoCAD).
- Knowledge of PPAP/Risk Management/DFMEA/APQP/DFQ/Design Transfer/Design for Manufacturing (DfM)/Lean Methodologies/5-Why/Problem Solving techniques