Category Buyer – Toys
Karkhana.io is transforming B2B manufacturing in India through the digitalization of the vendor ecosystem:manufacturing, procurement, and project management. Our unique on-demand manufacturing platform provides a highly intuitive experience of custom parts manufacturing. We are developing a strong network of vendors to provide services encompassing CNC Machining, 3D Printing Services, Sheet Metal Fabrication, and injection Molding for prototyping projects and mass production.
The company has been founded by an IIT Bombay alumna, Sonam Motwani.She is making her mark in the manufacturing sector, and is inspiring others to think beyond the ordinary and follow their passion.
Karkhana.io raised $ 1.5 million at the seed-stage round led by Vertex Ventures SEA & India. On the quest to make on-demand manufacturing a reality in India, we know that our greatest asset is our team. Meet our team and become a part of the team to realise the vision for #MakeInIndia together.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for sourcing and delivering a commercially successful range of toys for all private labels
- Responsible for identifying suppliers and product categories in sync with customer expectations.
- Responsible for innovative customisation of all private label products including product and packaging innovation.
- Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers; sourcing new suppliers and negotiating terms of contract including price, quality, availability, rebates etc
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Travel to develop, promote, and maintain strategic sourcing relationships
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Launching of new categories & labels
What we are looking for:
- Good understanding of Indian toy manufacturers
- Should have experience in handling local toy manufacturers
- Good communication skills & ability to build strong relationships with all stakeholders