Technical drawings are documentation that show your part in incredibly comprehensive 2D drawings. These crucial drawings make it possible to fully explain to the manufacturer the specifications of your part. Technical drawings are crucial instructions that clarify 3D models for CNC manufacturing.
What is a Technical Drawing?
An intricate diagram or picture that details the dimensions, tolerances, and other details required for a CNC machine to make a particular item or product is referred to as a technical drawing in CNC.
What are the aspects of technical drawing?
These are the essential parts of any technical drawing:
- Title Block
It includes the fundamental details of the parts that must be manufactured, such as the part name, part number, firm name, specifications for the materials and finishing, drawing number, and much more. It also includes the part’s technical details, such as system measurements, projection angle, surface finish specifications, scale, and material.
- Isometric View
Often referred to as a pictorial view, it offers a 3D representation of the component that will be made. This makes it easier for the reader to rapidly comprehend the section. Isometric perspectives mix the undistorted display with the appearance of depth.
- Orthographic View
This is a two-dimensional representation of the three-dimensional item from the top, bottom, left, right, and rear end. It is also referred to as the principal view. This perspective emphasizes characteristics and dimensions.
They serve as reference symbols in intricate technical drawings. They are positioned along the drawing’s edges to visualize the parts.
- Section View
This 2D image shows the part after it has been cut through. The interior features of the pieces are evident in this perspective, which cannot be seen in either the orthographic or isometric views. A cross-section along a predetermined cut plane serves as the defining feature of these images.
- Detailed View
Detailed view can be used to highlight regions in orthographic views that are difficult to dimension. Extensive views can be included anywhere in the diagram. The area of the orthographic view that is being highlighted for a closer look is denoted by a single letter.
Why are Technical Drawings Useful for CNC Machining?
In the field of CNC machining, technical drawings are essential files that are linked with 3D CAD files. As seen by some of the crucial functions these technical documents play in the manufacturing process, the significance of these documents cannot be overstated:
- Technical drawings describe characteristics that a 3D CAD model cannot provide. Threads, both internal and external, are two examples of such features.
- The manufacturer thoroughly understands the requirements for constructing the product, thanks to the dimensions, annotations, and tolerances.
- Part designers and engineers can give the manufacturer instructions for specific criteria like surface roughness and finishing.
How to Prepare a Technical Drawing for CNC Machining?
The following fundamental procedures should be followed to ensure your technical drawings are as good as they can be.
- Orthographic views should be placed in the drawing’s center after determining which views are most crucial for your component. To add dimensions, make sure to include enough space between orthographic views.
- Are there any difficult-to-dimension features or other complexities on your part? If so, include section views or detail views.
- Add construction outlines to each view at this point. This contains centerlines, center marks, and center mark patterns for specifying the locations of hole centers or the axes of symmetry in circular designs.
- You can now add measurements to your drawing after adding construction lines. We advise beginning with the most important dimensions.
- Next, describe the placement, size, and length of each thread.
- Add additional tolerance information for any features requiring a higher level of accuracy than the default tolerances.
- Complete the title block information and ensure that the relevant manufacturer section notes contain special instructions, such as those for surface polish and deburring.
It’s safe to say that Karkhana.io is your go-to when it comes to CNC machining. The high standard of our services is a direct result of the extensive network of partners we’ve established. These associates provide extensive resources. Our clients are always pleased with the outcomes since we guarantee our services and are eager to do all we can to make things right.
You can begin utilizing our services for your CNC production needs by registering for an account on our online platform.