Statements by the Civil Aviation Ministry in India suggest that the Indian drone industry will reach a turnover of Rs. 15,000 Crore by 2026. This would be an exponential rise from current numbers because of the increased adoption of drones, numerous use cases, and policy push by the Government.
Drone technology in India is redefining traditional systems in almost every industrial sector, and anyone venturing into drone manufacturing must know different use cases and trends. Major areas that are getting impacted by drone technology include:
- Agriculture, livestock management, and other linked use-cases: Agriculture forms one of the most significant sectors where drones are used. Drones help with effective and cost-efficient crop monitoring and related activities like spraying, estimations, insurance surveys, irrigation planning, data generation, and many other activities. Drone technology in India is also effective in livestock management and helps farmers prevent mishaps with effective and automated surveillance.
- Defence and Disaster Management: Drones have the potential to help the Army, Navy, Airforce, border security, and other defence sectors. Use cases include surveillance of key areas, computer-assisted attacks, communication, inspections, delivery of arms, and many other examples. Drones have also proved crucial in emergencies like floods to supply essential supplies like food, medicines and other aid.
- Mining: Drones have the potential to significantly reduce accidents and remove human requirements in monitoring, inspections, surveying, and other activities such as detecting hot spots, finding potential risks, surface optimisation, and other areas.
- Shipping and Delivery: Shipping and delivery companies are working on increasing the adoption of drone technology in India to increase delivery speeds and efficiency. In the near future, food delivery companies will use drones to fast-track food deliveries.
- Weather forecast: Agencies use drones to predict climate emergencies like hurricanes and help people get knowledge about the characteristics of weather conditions.
- Railways and other ways of transportation: Drone technology in India helps railways and road transport Government departments to conduct efficient surveillance and respond to emergencies. Another important use case is monitoring construction areas and managing maintenance projects.
- Inspections in Govt. departments: Almost every Government department conducts inspections of some sort, and drones help remove human involvement from inspections. Some examples include petroleum-linked sectors, forests, climate change, environment, power, ports, and numerous other areas.
- Entertainment, Information broadcasting, and videography: Drone technology in India is a big part of commercial photography and videography, especially in events, marriages, concerts, etc. Within the information broadcasting sector, drones have successfully replaced helicopters and have the potential to remove accidents that occur due to human involvement.
- Solar panel inspections: Drones equipped with sensors and detectors help survey solar panels to ensure they maintain their efficiency. These inspections detect problems and issues that can be solved to maintain high output. Drones basically replace human inspections, helping with cost, speed, and efficiency.
Numerous companies in India are already doing amazing work in the drones’ segment like General Aeronautics, Zen Technologies, Idea Forge Technology, and others.
Supercharge Drone manufacturing with Karkhana.io
Karkhana.io is helping drone startups and manufacturers supercharge their manufacturing using their digital manufacturing portal. Karkhana.io represents an extensive network of manufacturers, engineers, manufacturing experts, sourcing experts, and other professionals that help companies build drones and quadcopter parts India with high precision without any exceptions of order size or other technicalities.
We have helped build different components of a drone, including the drone frame, camera mount, battery caddy, bearing shaft, enclosures, hub mount, support stand, servo mounting, and antenna tracker, among other parts.
You can digitize all steps of manufacturing using Karkhana.io’s platform and get numerous agile manufacturing benefits, including but not limited to manufacturability feedback via our in-house expert engineers, project management, transparent pricing, quality checks, logistics, regular quality checks, audits of suppliers, order updates and more.
Want to experience these benefits for your manufacturing needs? Explore the future of manufacturing by registering on our digital platform.